6.26.2012

Movin' & Shakin'

Seems like Tuesday may be my official blogging day? I wonder where the week goes sometimes...

Anyhow, we made major headway on my Quilts for Kids quilt this weekend! Went over to a friend's house and pieced together the top while she put together her's too. While I received cute yet clearly girlie Tinkerbell fabric, she got John Deere tractor fabric!!! It is incredibly bold :-) We took a little break to head over to a new popsicle shop she was raving about - and she was right - DELISH! http://steelcitypops.com/  I went for the hibiscus and she grabbed the cucumber lime - both fantastic. We also did some brainstorming for quilt names as we get to name the quilts; I can't come up with anything fun for the Tink quilt but we might have landed on Tractortastic for hers. Any name suggestions for Tink? Here is Tink in all her glory, basted and ready to become my first FMQ'd quilt! Wish me luck!
A good weekend - but playing with all my friends' dogs made me miss mine, who is at home in CA with the 'rents because Lola would hate apartment living and humidity. I present the saddest looking, tiniest St Bernard... poor gal is climbing up there in years.
Should be a good week - finishing up Tink, continuing work on the blue/green disappearing nine patch squares, and Saturday will be a one-day early Christmas in July craft-a-thon with my good buddy! Thinking about making this frittata to start Saturday morning off right - http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/07/how-to-make-frittata-greek-frittata.html - good idea, no?

Happy Tuesday every one!
-k



No comments:

Post a Comment